Even though Onondaga Lake Winery’s Blog is fairly new, we continue to see a significant increase in web traffic, the time readers spend on our site, and we see a genuine need for the type of information our blog provides.
How do measure the success of our Blog?
We use Google Analytics to review our traffic, and fine tune our blog to ensure that our blog is optimized for Search Engines. We are able to track where our readers come from, where they go from our site, and the types of blog content that is popular for them.
1. Sponsorship opportunities. Because our content revolves around the finer things in life, such as our great wines, and we have ties to the community, we are in a unique position to reach out to connoisseurs who appreciate fine wine, foods, Onondaga Lake, and Central New York in general. Because we reach out to the community and our readers, such as the Wine tasting and other events we offer, we are poised to provide a unique synergy with products advertised on our site, and sponsorship for these events will expose our demographic (blue and white collar, educated, with disposable income) to your products.
2. Rotational Banner ads will provide links to your products, and feature relevant content. This is particularly suited to the various grocery markets (Wegmans, Tops, and Price Chopper) where our wines are featured, or restaurants our readers visit on a regular basis. After all, what goes better with wine, but fine food?
3. Merchandising. Our unique wines, our family history, and our vineyards provide income opportunities for our blog. Because we want to expand our brand, as well as our viewership, providing banner ads for merchandise will benefit us in a number of ways. When people like a brand or product, they to tell others. Selling hats, t-shirts, glasses, coasters, and other Onondaga Lake Winery themed products on our site will spread the word for our brand, and provide income for our blog.
4. Advertorials. By Reviewing wine-related products on our blog, we will not only educate our viewers, and make those products available to our fans and readers, but we will earn income by participating in Direct Income Affiliate programs, like those offered by Amazon.com. There are a number of accessories and wine-related products that complement our wines, and the types of blog posts we feature. This will have a two-fold effect, in increasing traffic and interest in our blog, and provide revenue as well.
5. Coupon Opportunities. Because we pride ourselves with our roots in the community, we plan on using community-specific coupons to feature products, services, restaurants, entertainment, and Onondaga Lake Winery-specific coupons and deals on our blog. We feel our community connection will result in added revenue, and increased traffic and interest on our blog. Featured coupons are complementary to our blog and Winery, and will foster a good relationship with businesses in our community.
As you can see, we have a number of different approaches to use our Blog to promote our winery, increase revenue, and solidify our ties to the community. We will use analytics to measure our success, and modify our blog to ensure the widest audience and obtain feedback from our readers.