After extensive testing of the soil, air, and water, we imported vines from France, and used the first harvest to develop the right grapes for our wines. We created a number of wines, and had extensive taste testing to see what tastes Central New Yorkers liked. We found that our customers like different blends of wines, and our custom blends speak for themselves.
We are proud to announce our 2012 Wines:
1. Camden Chardonnay. Inspired by the Queen Village of Oneida County, Camden Chardonnay is a light white wine that is popular among the health conscious, and is light and doesn’t weigh you down, or leave an aftertaste.
2. Sylvan Beach Bordeaux. Sylvan Beach is known as a popular resort town on the Eastern Shore of Oneida Lake, is historically known as Central New York’s playground. It is for this reason we created Sylvan Beach Bordeaux, a full-flavored red wine that was specially designed for Summer Picnics. Sylvan Beach Bordeaux comes in single serving plastic bottles, or conventional glass bottles for a special picnic
3. Romulus Rose. Romulus Rose was actually created while watching a football game at the end of one of our winetastings. We had just ordered Buffalo wings for our guests, and we blended the contents of 4 bottles of various grapes, and Romulus Rose was born. The Delivery driver was from Romulus, New York, and a legend was born.
4. Seneca Sauvignon. Jacques La Vin wanted to Americanize his great-great-great grandfather’s special sauvignon blend, and this took extensive time and involvement of the whole La Vin family. Seneca Sauvignon is a crisp, dry, wine that is guaranteed to refresh and remind you of France…even if you’ve never been there.
5. Cayuga Chablis, inspired by the La Vin’s family in the Burgundy region of France, is a dry white wine popular for its taste an aroma. It is particularly suited for seafood or chicken, but it’s rumored to be popular for the deep fried turkeys that Central New Yorkers are known to cook in the Fall.