1. PCDecrapifier.com – This site allows you to download and install the PC Decrapifier, which gets rid of the bloatware and unwanted applications that PC makers install on new PC’s. This will help speed up your new PC, give you more hard drive space, and get rid of the clutter you may never use anyway.
2. Ninite.com – This site is a one-stop-shop for the applications you need to install on a new PC. Categories include Browsers, messaging, media, utilities, and other tools that can be selected an installed from a single interface. This is the quickest and fastest way to install applications on your PC, and it’s a nice place to see what alternatives you have for each category.
3. Microsoft Security Essentials – One of the best free, fast, and reliable Antivirus/Antispyware applications (Also installable via Ninite.)
4. Open DNS – Change your DNS (Domain Name Service) entries to speed up your Internet Connection. This will allow you to
5. Microsoft Fishbowl HTML 5 Graphics Benchmark – This will allow you to find out how truly fast your new PC is. Set it to “Auto” and run it on your old PC.